Bloomington Southern - Victor Pike Trestle
Photo taken by Nick in October 2010
BH Photo #223169
Bridge is located along the East side of Victor Pike just South of a diamond with a former Monon Railroad branch line to several other quarries. Just South of here is the much larger Wright Branch bridge.
This line and Monon line all abandoned today.
- Abandoned Timber stringer bridge over unknown creek on former Illinois Central Railroad south of Bloomington
- Monroe County, Indiana
- Future prospects
- Could be used for future extension of Bloomington rail trails.
- Built by Illinois Central's subsidiary Bloomington Southern Railroad to reach the Victor stone Quarry.
- - Bloomington Southern Railroad (BS)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC)
- Timber stringer
- Also called
- IC - Victor Pike Trestle
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.07953, -86.56863 (decimal degrees)
39°04'46" N, 86°34'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/537311/4325690 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Clear Creek
- Inventory number
- BH 50890 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 5, 2014: Updated by James Norwood: Updated names and dates, added categories
- March 4, 2012: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- January 9, 2012: Added by Nick
- Jacob P. Bernard
- James Norwood