Photo taken August 2006 by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102879
- Two-span through truss bridge over Eel River on CR 440 West
- Miami County, Indiana
- Open to one-lane traffic
- Built 1883 by the Massillon Bridge Co.
- - Massillon Bridge Co. of Massillon, Ohio
- 2X8-panel, pinned Pratt through truss. Wrought Iron
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 243.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Eel River CR 440W Bridge
Miami County Bridge #63
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.81454, -86.15681 (decimal degrees)
40°48'52" N, 86°09'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/571112/4518511 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Twelve Mile
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5200050 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16643 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 33.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- May 16, 2011: New photos from James Norwood
- January 30, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- April 28, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood
- September 15, 2006: Posted updated photo from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Jonathan Maxwell - themaxwellshouse [at] roadrunner [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com