Nickel Plate IMC Eel River Bridge
West side April 27, 2009
Here you can see the Nickel Plate Trail folks preparing the bridge for pedestrians by adding walkway and side rails. Someone has scribbled "Down with Denver" on the side as well, referring to the nearby town just North of here called Denver.
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #139284
- Deck plate girder bridge over Eel River on "Nickel Plate Trail", formerly Norfolk Southern Railway (Nee N&W, NKP, Lake Erie & Western, others) in Denver
- Denver, Miami County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians
- This former bridge on the
- - New York, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (NKP)
- Norfolk & Western Railway (NW)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 62.0 ft.
Total length: 310.0 ft.
- Also called
- Nickel Plate bridge 1399 Milepost 77.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.85690, -86.07452 (decimal degrees)
40°51'25" N, 86°04'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/578002/4523283 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 42453 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 14, 2010: New photos from James Norwood
- April 28, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood
- April 27, 2009: Added by James Norwood