Photo taken by Tom Hall
BH Photo #115656
The oldest remaining bridge from this company.
- Through truss bridge over Eel River on CR 950 North
- Miami County, Indiana
- Built 1903 by the Pan American Bridge Company.
- - Pan American Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana
- 2X7-panel, Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 286.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Eel River CR 950N Bridge
Miami County Bridge #54
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.90472, -85.96556 (decimal degrees)
40°54'17" N, 85°57'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/587124/4528695 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5200041 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16646 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 28.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 3, 2018: Updated by Dave King: Added categories "7-panel truss", "Lattice Railing"
- September 6, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- September 6, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status to closed.
- January 28, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- April 28, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood
- February 5, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- June 23, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: common name, builder, and truss type
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Norwood