Photo from SHAARD
BH Photo #155930
One of several 2-span truss bridges over the Eel. This one had beautiful cast iron portal bracing. Was bypassed on a new alignment and could have been preserved.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Eel River on CR 500 E
- Miami County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built ca. 1884; rehabilitated 1975; replaced 1993
- - Indianapolis Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 104.0 ft.
Total length: 213.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.5 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #53
Eel River CR 500E Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.87235, -85.98008 (decimal degrees)
40°52'20" N, 85°58'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/585942/4525087 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5200040 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39452 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 99 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 19, 2017: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added historic name as per county engineer comment
- February 21, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and truss type, changed other information.
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn