Photo taken by Tom Hall
BH Photo #115662
- 2-span riveted Pratt through truss bridge over Eel River on CR 100 East
- Miami County, Indiana
- Built 1920 by the Rochester Bridge Co.
- - Rochester Bridge Co. of Rochester, Indiana
- 2-span, 7-panel riveted Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 111.8 ft.
Total length: 229.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 20, 2006
- Also called
- Bridge 1-19
Miami County Bridge #28
Eel River CR 100E Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.85528, -86.05583 (decimal degrees)
40°51'19" N, 86°03'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/579579/4523120 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 28 N., R. 4 E., Sec. 22
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5200022 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 06000848 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 16644 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 22.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 11, 2018: Updated by Clark Vance: NRHP listing info
- November 10, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- May 29, 2017: New photos from Tony Dillon
- April 19, 2017: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated truss design
- September 6, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status to closed.
- October 19, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: Corrected build date
- January 30, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- April 28, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood
- February 5, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- June 23, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: common name, builder, and truss type
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Norwood
- SHAARD database of Indiana historic bridges and sites - Very detailed description of bridge and it's construction. Pictures and background information included. A must read.
- Matt Lohry
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com