Shoals Bridge (1880)
Photo of a photo on the side of a building in Shoals
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in July 2010
BH Photo #170277
This span was torn down in 1932 after a new highway was built.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over W Fk. White River on 4th Street/US 50/US 150
- Shoals, Martin County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built in 1880 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co., replaced in 1932
- - Smith & Greer (Contractors)
- Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio (Fabricators)
- Continuous Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 450.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- 4th Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.66753, -86.79251 (decimal degrees)
38°40'03" N, 86°47'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/518050/4279903 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 45699 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 9, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added and corrected information.
- July 25, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon