Deep Cut Lake Road Bridge #48
Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.
BH Photo #368344
This little span spanned a small branch of Beaver Creek just to the East of Bridge #49. Like all of the other truss bridges on Deep Cut Lake Road it had replaced an earlier bridge of some kind. This is evident by all of these structures sitting on cut stone abutments that were later reinforced with concrete. Unfortunately, while all of the other historic trusses remain, this one was removed at some point in time.
- Lost Pratt pony truss bridge over a Branch of Beaver Creek on Deep Cut Lake Rd.
- Martin County, Indiana
- Likely replaced by a culvert.
- Built ca. 1905; removed and replaced with a culvert.
- Pinned Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 39.0 ft.
Total length: 42.0 ft.
- Also called
- Beaver Creek Bridge #48
Martin County Bridge #48
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.67672, -86.71908 (decimal degrees)
38°40'36" N, 86°43'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/524435/4280940 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 74163 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 23, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- October 22, 2016: Added by Mike Daffron
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com