Boggs Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Robert Stephenson in May 2009
This bridge is unusual for having 2 spans apparently built at the same time, but featuring 2 different lengths and truss heights.
- Two-span pony truss bridge over Boggs Creek on CR 450 West
- Martin County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built ca.1900 by the Champion Bridge Company; rehabilitated 1993
- - Champion Bridge Co. of Wilmington, Ohio
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.4 ft.
Total length: 111.8 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Also called
- Martin County Bridge #59
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.68057, -86.87866 (decimal degrees)
38°40'50" N, 86°52'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/510553/4281337 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5100030 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16628 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- December 27, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder
- May 26, 2009: New photos from Robert Stephenson