Hart Road Bridge
Photo taken by Robert Stephenson in May 2009
BH Photo #140645
This bridge is unusual for having 2 spans apparently built at the same time, but featuring 2 different lengths and truss heights.
- Two-span pony truss bridge over Boggs Creek on CR 450 West
- Martin County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built ca.1900 by the Champion Bridge Company; rehabilitated 1993
- - Champion Bridge Co. of Wilmington, Ohio
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.4 ft.
Total length: 111.8 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Also called
- Boggs Creek Bridge
Martin County Bridge #59
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.68057, -86.87866 (decimal degrees)
38°40'50" N, 86°52'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/510553/4281337 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5100030 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16628 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 16.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- November 24, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- October 15, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- October 15, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- October 22, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- December 27, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder
- May 26, 2009: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- Robert Stephenson - seinfeld99 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com