US-231 Frenzes Creek Bridge
Elevation Drawing of Bridge
Scan From Original Plans For Bridge
BH Photo #193460
This arch bridge was the replacement for a Warren bedstead pony truss.
- Concrete arch bridge over Frenzes Creek (Branch Friends Creek) on US 231
- Martin County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement. May be gone already.
- Built ca. 1930; rehabilitated 1965
Length of largest span: 39.7 ft.
Total length: 48.9 ft.
Deck width: 30.5 ft.
- Also called
- Branch Friends Creek US 231 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.64028, -86.91444 (decimal degrees)
38°38'25" N, 86°54'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/507445/4276862 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 016770 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16629 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 22, 2011: Updated by J.P.: updated design
- February 9, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Original Plan Drawings, Corrected Crossing Name Per Plans