Mud Creek Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445919
Some sources say this bridge was built by A.M. Kennedy & Sons, but I'm very skepticle of it. It looks more like some of the other spans that were built by the J.D. Torr Company of Indianapolis.
- Lost Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Mud Creek on Fall Creek Road
- Marion County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1882
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 56.0 ft.
Total length: 70.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.87808, -86.02292 (decimal degrees)
39°52'41" N, 86°01'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/583552/4414682 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84833 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 30, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon