This is a real head-scratcher. I've never been able to find a viable answer as to why this most unique structure was destroyed. It adorned numerous different postcards from the day it was built. It was unceremoniously removed and not replaced.
- Lost Closed-spandrel arch bridge over White River on Crawfordsville Road
- Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1906; removed 1949
- - Central States Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Closed-spandrel arch
Total length: 300.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.78655, -86.19534 (decimal degrees)
39°47'12" N, 86°11'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/568899/4404376 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 80693 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 4, 2020: New photos from Tony Dillon
- June 8, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- March 9, 2018: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com