Rating:
No votes cast

Emrichsville Bridge

Photos 

Published prior to 1923

View this photo at books.google.com

BH Photo #419161

Description 

Due to the increase in traffic between downtown and the growing suburbs, the Emrichsville Bridge was replaced with a new 16th Street Bridge in 1948 and demolished in 1949.

Facts 

Overview
Lost Closed-spandrel arch bridge over White River on Crawfordsville Road
Location
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana
Status
Removed but not replaced
History
Built 1906; removed 1949
Builder
- Central States Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
Design
Closed-spandrel arch
Dimensions
Total length: 300.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+39.78655, -86.19534   (decimal degrees)
39°47'12" N, 86°11'43" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/568899/4404376 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 80693 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • August 4, 2020: New photos from Tony Dillon
  • June 8, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
  • March 9, 2018: Added by Dave King

Sources 

  • Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • Geoff Hubbs
  • Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com