Big Jim Bridge
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon
BH Photo #125366
This bridge was originally built as a two-span structure over Sugar Creek in Montgomery County near Crawfordsville. When it was to be replaced, one span was moved to span Lye Creek in the Northeast part of the county. After sitting abandoned for many years, it was given to the city of Indianapolis for trail use over the Central Canal.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over Central Canal on trail behind Indianapolis Museum of Art in Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana
- Renovated and reopened for pederstrians
- Originally built in 1873 in Montgomery County, moved to Marion County
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Wrought iron Bowstring pony truss
Span length: 87.0 ft.
Total length: 87.0 ft.
- Also called
- Blair Ford Bridge (Original)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.82745, -86.18684 (decimal degrees)
39°49'39" N, 86°11'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/569585/4408922 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Indianapolis West
- Inventory number
- BH 37495 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 10, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Wrought Iron"
- July 10, 2014: New photos from Andrew Raker
- July 9, 2014: New photos from Andrew Raker
- October 12, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- December 30, 2012: New photos from J.P.
- June 27, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- June 26, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Renovation complete
- May 9, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Updated status, bridge is being renovated.
- October 2, 2008: Added by Anthony Dillon