1910 Postcard view
BH Photo #476889
After Fort Benjamin Harrison was established about 1903, this bridge would soon become an important spot for training exercises. Troops would pretend that the bridge had been damaged or destroyed, and would have to wade through Fall Creek. Unfortunately, the Army would decide to demolish the old landmark for real in 1959.
Indianapolis would later incorporate all of this once rural area in 1969.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Fall Creek on Boy Scout Road
- Marion County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1890's by the Lafayette Bridge Company; Replaced 1959
- - Lafayette Bridge Co. of Lafayette, Indiana
- 9-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.86895, -86.03782 (decimal degrees)
39°52'08" N, 86°02'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/582288/4413655 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90040 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 25, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added categories "9-panel truss", "Pin-connected"
- July 22, 2020: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- July 22, 2020: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com