Conrail - Eagle Creek Bridge
Barrel shot looking West.
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in January 2010
BH Photo #153279
Line still in use West of here in a connection with former PRR I&F Branch, as well as East of here near Speedway. Some may know this old rail line as it is the same one used for Indianapolis Motor Speedway events called "Railroad Parking" near 16th and Georgetown Roads.
Built as part of the former Peoria and Eastern Railroad, later New York Central, Penn Central, and Conrail before abandonment in 1981. Some sections of this line nearby may have been out of service as early as 1974.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Big Eagle Creek on Abandoned Conrail (Nee Peoria & Eastern) Line
- Clermont, Marion County, Indiana
- Built 1902; Abandoned 1981
- - Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Peoria & Eastern Railroad (P&E)
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
- Also called
- P&E - Eagle Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.80330, -86.28631 (decimal degrees)
39°48'12" N, 86°17'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/561095/4406169 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43821 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 1, 2015: New Street View added by Ed Hollowell
- October 30, 2013: Updated by Brent Tindall: Deleted previous Street View as bridge was no longer visible in updated SV scene.
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- September 7, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: added railroad info
- April 21, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added truss type.
- January 23, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- December 31, 2009: Added by Joshua Collins
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com