Nowland Avenue Bridge
Nowland Bridge 1
Photo taken by Laurie Klinger
BH Photo #472734
Reportedly, this is the oldest Luten arch in the city, and perhaps beyond.
- Concrete Luten arch bridge over Pogue's Run on Nowland Avenue
- Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1902
- - Daniel B. Luten
- National Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Closed-spandrel arch
Span length: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 30.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.78582, -86.11738 (decimal degrees)
39°47'09" N, 86°07'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/575575/4404358 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Indianapolis East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 4900227 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16585 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2012)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 32 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 25, 2020: Updated by Nathan Holth: Corrected bridge type, added builders, corrected dimensions to match those in National Bridge Co. Catalog
- October 13, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- February 7, 2010: Updated by Jim Grey: Added GPS coordinates.
- February 18, 2009: New photos from John Weller