Old Huntsville Road Bridge
The Indianapolis News: April 27 1950
BH Photo #474435
Although badly mangled, a couple details show that lead me to believe this was likely a Columbia Bridge Works span.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Fall Creek on Huntsville RoadAl
- Madison County, Indiana
- Destroyed by collision
- Destroyed 1950 due to an automobile collision; replaced 1952 by the current truss bridge.
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio (likely Fabricator)
- Appears to have been a very old wrought iron through truss, likely a Pratt.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.00796, -85.73553 (decimal degrees)
40°00'29" N, 85°44'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607923/4429406 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89687 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 25, 2020: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- June 25, 2020: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com