Huntsville Road Bridge
Photos taken December 2006 by Joshua Collins
BH Photo #109271
Built in 1952 to replace a much older truss bridge that was destroyed by a vehicle collision in 1950.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Fall Creek on Huntsville Road in Pendleton
- Madison County, Indiana
- Rehabilitated and reopened to traffic
- Built 1952; rehabilitated 1985 and 2013-14
- Riveted, 7-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 119.1 ft.
Total length: 121.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.3 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 22, 2008
- Also called
- County Bridge #149
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.00778, -85.73528 (decimal degrees)
40°00'28" N, 85°44'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607945/4429386 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Anderson South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 4800129 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 08001212 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 16521 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 55.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 7, 2020: New Street View added by Geoff Hubbs
- June 24, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated build date based on research by Melissa Brand-Welch.
- October 14, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- March 11, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- August 3, 2014: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status...Bridge restored and reopened.
- July 10, 2014: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- January 4, 2014: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status as bridge is closed and under renovation.
- August 23, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- August 22, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Changed Pike to Road
- July 25, 2010: New photos from Ed Hollowell
- October 8, 2007: Posted photos from Joshua Collins
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Geoff Hubbs