Perkinsville Covered Bridges
North span nearing collapse after tornado damage
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445126
Apparently aided by an island in the middle of the river, the Kennedy's built two 100-foot long Burr truss bridges to span from North to South.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over White River on Elwood-Lapel Road
- Madison County, Indiana
- No longer exists
- Built in 1874 by A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- (2) 100ft Burr arch-truss bridges
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 200.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.14262, -85.85811 (decimal degrees)
40°08'33" N, 85°51'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/597269/4444211 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 1, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 27, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 26, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon