Tunnelton Covered Bridge 14-47-01x
Postcard image of bridge
BH Photo #228397
This bridge appears from photography to have been similar to another bridge designed by JJ Daniels, the Medora Covered Bridge, which has been recently renovated, and is also cataloged on bridgehunter. There seem to be many similarities.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over East Fork White River on Tunnelton Bono Road
- Lawrence County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built in 1883 by J.J. Daniels.
- - Joseph J. Daniels
- Triple Span Burr arch-truss
Total length: 450.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.76330, -86.33652 (decimal degrees)
38°45'48" N, 86°20'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/557643/4290718 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 401 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 14-47-01x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 51828 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 22, 2021: New photo from Grant DiDomizio
- January 26, 2021: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 29, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Modified information
- March 23, 2012: Added by Tim Wray