Up-Stream Elevation From North Bank
Photographs by Phillip Smith - April 1993
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #154313
Replaced an earlier covered bridge destroyed by flood in 1913. Reported cost was $16,484.
- Lost through truss bridge over East Fork White River on Buddha Bypass
- Lawrence County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1913; replaced 1996
- - Vincennes Bridge Co. of Vincennes, Indiana
- 2-span pinned Pennsylvania through truss
Length of largest span: 199.2 ft.
Total length: 399.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rivervale Bridge
Lawrence County Bridge No. 64
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.77003, -86.40931 (decimal degrees)
38°46'12" N, 86°24'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/551314/4291423 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bedford East
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 4700038 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39402 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 8.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- August 12, 2017: New photo from Mike Daffron
- June 15, 2013: New photo from Tim Wray
- May 12, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added to description and related.
- February 24, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added comment
- February 6, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Alternate name
- February 2, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added truss type, builder and GPS
- February 7, 2009: Added by James Baughn