Van Loon Bridge
Photo of Bridge
Short article text included.
Photo From Vol. 73 Engineering News
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #416839
This bridge appeared in Engineering News, Vol. 73, 1915 and was noted as a bridge built from scrap metal in Van Loon, Indiana. This location is a guess, as it is the general area shown when searching for Van Loon, Indiana in Google Maps.
- Lost Pony truss bridge over Little Calumet River
- Lake County, Indiana
- Pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.56394, -87.41307 (decimal degrees)
41°33'50" N, 87°24'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/465557/4601445 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 36 N., R. 9 W., Sec. 23
- Inventory number
- BH 80233 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 13, 2018: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Othmar H. Ammann Nominee"
- January 23, 2018: Added by Nathan Holth