Shelhorn Covered Bridge 14-45-01
Vintage postcard scan.
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
Relocated in 1933 after being displaced by a new highway. Originally crossed the Little Flatrock River, two miles south of Milroy in Rush County.
- Covered bridge over park gully on a pedestrian trail
- Crown Point, Lake County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1878, moved in 1933 to the current location
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- Covered Burr arch-truss
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Crown Point Covered Bridge
Milroy Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.40395, -87.37280 (decimal degrees)
41°24'14" N, 87°22'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/468839/4583668 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Crown Point
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 14-45-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 45293 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 19, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: It IS a covered bridge.