Cline Avenue Bridge (New)
Dizzyingly high bridge over Indiana Harbor & Ship Canal on IN-912, provides views of Lake Michigan and rusting steel mills. So far, this is only half of the planned bridge. It is the eventual westbound bridge, which now carries one lane of traffic in each direction, with only a double yellow paint line as a median. When toll revenue allows, the eastbound bridge will be built. The IN-912 highway approaches on both ends of the bridge are already four or six lanes wide, leftover from the previous bridge.
Tolling is electronic only with EZPass or I-Pass. Cash not accepted.
Predecessor bridge had a checkered history. Click on it below.
- Two-lane concrete segmental box girder bridge over Indiana Harbor & Ship Canal on Cline Avenue (Indiana State Route 912)
- East Chicago, Lake County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Westbound 2-lane bridge currently carries traffic in both directions. Eastbound bridge not yet built.
- Built 2020
- - FIGG Engineering Group of Tallahassee, Florida
- United Bridge Partners
- Concrete segmental box girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.65109, -87.46503 (decimal degrees)
41°39'04" N, 87°27'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/461277/4611142 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89128 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 23, 2021: Updated by Roger Deschner: Bridge is only 2 lanes wide; add Description
- January 21, 2021: Updated by Nick Boppel: Bridge now open
- April 26, 2020: New photos from Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Cline Avenue Bridge - Official website
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com