South Shore - Gauntlet Bridge
Photo taken by by Tom Rainford
BH Photo #346335
A "Gantlet" bridge in that two tracks were overlapped on a gantlet track to pass over a narrow span. Site of fatal collision between two South Shore passenger trains Jan. 1993 when both trains tried to occupy gantlet and bridge simultaneously. Trusses dismantled after remo val Nov. 2002 and placed into storage for potential reuse/preservation, but as far as anyone has been able to determine this has not occurred, and it is uncertain if the pieces remain in storage, or where.
More info: Trains Magazine, Feb. 2003, pp. 84-85.
- May 25, 2018: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Details added about history and disassembly/storage
- March 25, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- March 24, 2017: New photo from Luke
- January 18, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added photograph provided by Tom Rainford
- June 8, 2014: Added by Luke Harden