IHB - IN53 Overpass
- Plate girder bridge over State highway 53 on former Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad
- Gary, Lake County, Indiana
- This bridge doubled as a passenger platform for local commuter transportation to and from Hammond from May 1909 until possibly the 1930's.
- - Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad (IHB)
- Steel support columns, concrete passenger platform
Total length: 107.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.59340, -87.33704 (decimal degrees)
41°35'36" N, 87°20'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/471910/4604687 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46336 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 29, 2018: Updated by Korry Shepard: added extra details
- November 23, 2017: Updated by David Backlin: Updated to Lost per Forum Comment
- June 17, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "railroad"
- September 26, 2010: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net