US 12-EJ&E RR Bridge
Was originally across the Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Railroad.
The use of Camelback trusses was rare for a state designed bridge.
- Lost through truss bridge over Norfolk Southern Railway on US 12
- Lake County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1929, rehabilitated in 1966, replaced in 1994
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Camelback through truss
Length of largest span: 209.0 ft.
Total length: 1,181.2 ft.
Deck width: 36.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.8 ft.
- Also called
- Indiana State Highway Bridge #12-45-2165B
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.63915, -87.45909 (decimal degrees)
41°38'21" N, 87°27'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/461764/4609814 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 003130 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39376 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 56 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 7, 2009: Added by James Baughn