Rating:
3 votes

St. Francisville Bridge

Photos 

East end

Photo taken by Robert Stephenson in February 2009

Enlarge

BH Photo #134541

Map 

Street View 

Facts 

Overview
Lost Timber stringer bridge over Wabash River Overflow on TR 257 (formerly Big Four Railroad)
Location
Knox County, Indiana
Status
Replaced by a new bridge
History
Built 1906 for Big Four Railroad, converted to single lane road bridge after railroad was abandoned; replaced 2014
Railroads
- Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railway (CCC&StL)
- Rail-to-road
Design
Timber stringer
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 11.2 ft.
Total length: 34.5 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+38.60675, -87.62143   (decimal degrees)
38°36'24" N, 87°37'17" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/445892/4273321 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Decker
Inventory numbers
IL 051-6010 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 39965 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 05/2010)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 40.3 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
750

Update Log 

  • September 3, 2016: Updated by Dave King: Updated status: bridge has been replaced
  • July 1, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected map and location, bridge is only in Indiana
  • June 7, 2009: Updated by James Norwood
  • April 24, 2009: Updated by Robert Stephenson
  • February 28, 2009: Updated by Robert Stephenson
  • February 21, 2009: Added by Robert Stephenson

Sources