Old State Route 1-Sugar Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Jim Grey
BH Photo #139369
Replaced an earlier truss bridge that was built in 1870.
- Concrete arch bridge over Sugar Creek on CR 550 East
- Johnson County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Part of the original State Road 1, an early Indiana highway.
- Closed-spandrel concrete arch
Length of largest span: 81.0 ft.
Total length: 246.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.3 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- CR 550E-Sugar Creek Bridge
Bradley's Ford Bridge (Historic name for location)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.39973, -85.99968 (decimal degrees)
39°23'59" N, 85°59'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/586130/4361614 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 4100021 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16443 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 35.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 21, 2011: New photos from J.P.
- April 29, 2009: New photos from Jim Grey
- Jim Grey - mobilene [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com