Wayne Street Bridge
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in November 2010
BH Photo #186316
This is a "borderline" historic bridge by my normal guidelines, but I decided to go ahead and add it to the site.
- Concrete stringer bridge over Salamonie River on Wayne Street
- Portland, Jay County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1963
- - Debolt Construction Co. (Contractors)
- Pierce Gruber & Beam (Engineers)
- Concrete slab
Length of largest span: 36.7 ft.
Total length: 98.8 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.43003, -84.97410 (decimal degrees)
40°25'48" N, 84°58'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/671846/4477459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 3800196 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 47006 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 14, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon