Simpson Creek Bridge
Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.
BH Photo #192946
Appears to be extant in satellite image
- Abandoned bedstead Pratt pony truss bridge over Simpson Creek on Abandoned section of CR 500S
- Jay County, Indiana
- Built ca.1895
- Pinned Pratt bedstead pony truss
Length of largest span: 47.0 ft.
Total length: 49.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.8 ft.
- Also called
- County Bridge #222
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.36766, -84.81240 (decimal degrees)
40°22'04" N, 84°48'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/685734/4470862 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47873 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 29, 2011: Added by Anthony Dillon