Halfway Creek CR 1000W Bridge
This unusual bridge had no lower chord. It featured latticed and flared endposts that were used by the Buckeye Bridge Works on other spans.
- Lost Pony truss bridge over Halfway Creek on CR 43 East (1000W)
- Jay County, Indiana
- Removed and replaced
- Built ca. 1880
- - Buckeye Bridge Works of Cleveland, Ohio (Likely fabricator)
- 2-panel Pinned, Pratt bedstead pony truss
Length of largest span: 32.2 ft.
Total length: 34.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #243
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.33946, -85.16847 (decimal degrees)
40°20'22" N, 85°10'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/655566/4467045 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 3800007 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39295 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 28, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added new information and updated status
- February 6, 2009: Added by James Baughn