Carpenter Creek CR 1730S Bridge
Photo taken by Tom Hall in August 2010
BH Photo #173170
The bridge is now sitting in a field North of Remington on the West side of US-231. Plans call for it to be used in a park.
- Warren pony truss bridge originally over Carpenter Creek on County Road 1730 South in Remington
- Jasper County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge and saved for reuse.
- Built ca. 1928; moved 1955; replaced 2013 and saved
- - Indiana State Highway Commission (Design)
- 6-panel Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 62.6 ft.
Total length: 66.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #198
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.76080, -87.14459 (decimal degrees)
40°45'39" N, 87°08'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/487796/4512213 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 3700103 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16359 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2012)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 15.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 8, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status as bridge is not Lost.
- November 22, 2011: Updated by J.P.: updated design
- August 22, 2010: New photos from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com