Rockford Bridge (1891)
Jackson County History
BH Photo #468175
After the 1870 structure was declared unsafe in 1884 a new 3-span iron bridge was built in it's place. When flooding in March of 1891 damaged the river pier an attempt was made to repair it and save the Western 2 spans. After that failed the Pennsylvania truss was build to span the river channel without a pier.
- Lost Pennsylvania through truss bridge over East Fork White River on Reddington Street (CR 725N)
- Jackson County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Pratt through truss built 1884; Pennsylvania through truss built 1891; Replaced 1971.
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana (Pennsylvania truss)
- Indianapolis Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana (Pratt truss)
- Pennsylvania through truss
Length of largest span: 280.0 ft.
Total length: 420.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.98709, -85.89887 (decimal degrees)
38°59'14" N, 85°53'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/595367/4315920 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88630 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 28, 2020: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 20, 2020: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 20, 2020: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com