New Ford Bridge
This was a "New" road with a Ford across the river that the county purchased in 1891 and immediately proceeded to build a bridge. Indiana Bridge Company was hired for the job and at the same time was dealing with replacing two spans of the bridge at Rockford a few miles to the North. I believe they reused those two spans as part of this bridge.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over East Fork White River on New Ford Road (CR550N)
- Jackson County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1891 with two of the spans salvaged from an 1884 bridge; replaced in 1987
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- Indianapolis Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- (2)10-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses (1884)
(1)8-panel, pinned Pratt through truss (1891)
(1)6-panel, pinned Pratt through truss (1891)
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 560.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #90
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.95685, -85.93677 (decimal degrees)
38°57'25" N, 85°56'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/592123/4312525 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44539 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 24, 2020: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 23, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com