White Creek 250N Bridge
This was possibly the only example of this type built by IBCo. It was a design that appeared to have several disadvantages that showed up in later years. After being closed due to structural problems, the county simply tore it down. At a later time a replacement bridge was built. Unfortunately this unique span may have been misidentified as a simple Pratt truss, and it's importance not realized until it was too late. Indiana Bridge Company plans for this bridge still exist.
- Lost Bedstead through truss bridge over White Creek on County Road 250 North
- Jackson County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built in 1889 by the Indiana Bridge Company
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- 5-panel, pinned Pratt Bedstead through truss
Span length: 79.0 ft.
Total length: 79.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #69
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.91358, -86.06391 (decimal degrees)
38°54'49" N, 86°03'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/581157/4307603 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 45415 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 29, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon