Wayman Ditch Base Road Bridge
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in June 2009
BH Photo #141228
Bridge originally Crossed Base Road over Wayman Ditch, It was moved in 2011 to the Jackson County Fair Grounds.
- Pony truss bridge over Ditch at Jackson County Fairgrounds
- Jackson County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians only
- Future prospects
- Bridge has been relocated to Jackson County Fair Grounds
- Built in 1896 by the Lafayette Bridge Company, Relocated 2011 to Jackson County Fairgrounds
- - Lafayette Bridge Co. of Lafayette, Indiana
- 2-panel, Pinned half-hipped Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 37.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Former County Bridge #189
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.86700, -86.03098 (decimal degrees)
38°52'01" N, 86°01'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/584067/4302463 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 3600125 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16357 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 22.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- October 14, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 21, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed status
- December 20, 2011: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Relocated", "Pin-connected", "Open to pedestrians"
- June 4, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder per Jim Cooper conversation
- June 3, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Bridge to be relocated to county fairgrounds
- March 13, 2010: New photos from J.P.
- September 6, 2009: New photo from J.P.
- June 10, 2009: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com