Erie Little Wabash River Bridge
Close up of abandoned Erie Bridge
Photo taken by James Norwood
- Deck plate girder bridge over Wabash River on Formerly Chicago and Indiana Railroad(nee Chicago and Great Atlantic, Erie, Erie Lackawanna, Erie Western Railroad) in Huntington
- Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana
- Intact, Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Bridge is in descent shape still. Could be used for trail.
- Once part of the Erie's Chicago to New York line, this double tracked bridge was abandoned in the early 1980's when line was pulled up.
- 4 deck plate girders segments(2 per side), concrete abutments and pier, with walkway made up this double tracked rail bridge.
- Also called
- Erie Lackawanna bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.88086, -85.48222 (decimal degrees)
40°52'51" N, 85°28'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/627879/4526639 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 42635 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 2, 2009: New photo from James Norwood
- June 1, 2009: New photos from James Norwood
- May 31, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood