UTC - South Fork Deer Creek Bridge
Nickel Plate Trail is behind me in this angle. These two abutments are all the remain of Interurban line however.
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #162770
Immediately to West is old Nickel Plate Road rail line now used as a trail. Both of these old rail routes ran together from Kokomo to Bunker Hill.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Deer Creek South Fork on former Indiana Rail Road (nee Indiana Union Traction)
- Cassville, Howard County, Indiana
- Built ca. 1907, abandoned in or ca. 1932
- - Indiana Rail Road (INRD)
- Union Traction Company of Indiana (UTC)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 50.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.56120, -86.12092 (decimal degrees)
40°33'40" N, 86°07'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/574420/4490418 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 820 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 44907 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 15, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Interurban", "Railroad"
- November 22, 2011: Updated by J.P.: corrected County location
- April 17, 2010: Added by James Norwood
- James Norwood
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com