Old Park Road Kokomo Creek bridge
North is to left of photo.
Nickel Plate Road map
BH Photo #183347
Bridge was removed when EPA had most of the entire former Continental Steel plant buildings removed in or about 1999. Site of a EPA "Superfund" site due to extreme contamination, even today some areas of former plant properties are in remediation to correct problems. Last used by Continental for back entrance, and many trucks used this bridge up to plants 1985-1986 bankruptcy and closure, a testimony to the bridge's strengh even up to the end. Today, all road access to this location is closed and recent nearby storm water and sewer work has probably obliterated any remaining trace of this bridge. 4/17/2010
- Lost Bedstead Pratt pony truss bridge over Kokomo Creek on Former alignment of Park Road and later used as South gate entrance for former Continental Steel plant.
- Kokomo, Howard County, Indiana
- Park Road today has a bridge West of here over Kokomo Creek, but in the early 20th Century it travelled down a different alignment and over this structure. When nearby steel mill expanded, old road was used for back entrance into plant.
- Bedstead Pratt pony truss
- Also called
- Continental Steel back gate bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.47111, -86.14842 (decimal degrees)
40°28'16" N, 86°08'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/572188/4480396 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kokomo West
- Inventory number
- BH 44894 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 29, 2014: New photos from James Norwood
- October 24, 2010: New photo from James Norwood
- April 17, 2010: Added by James Norwood