Broad Street Bridge
BH Photo #354454
Featured sidewalks and a concrete deck which was rare for those days. Allowed walking access to the rolling mill and Harvey Park.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Big Blue River on SR38 (Broad Street)
- New Castle, Henry County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1908 by the Pan American Bridge Company of New Castle, replaced in 1958.
- - Pan American Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana
- Pinned Pratt through truss
6 panels with walkways
Total length: 90.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old SR38 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.93142, -85.38443 (decimal degrees)
39°55'53" N, 85°23'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/638045/4421395 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72454 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 3, 2017: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- June 6, 2016: Added by Tony Dillon