New Castle Bridge Railings
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in June 2013
BH Photo #257874
The New Castle Bridge Company constructed a large number of small steel stringer bridges in it's short existence, as well as many large through truss spans. None of these little structures are known to still exist as they were easily and cheaply replaced. These railings that measure approximately 8 feet in length represent a remnant of one of those spans and are an important piece of history as well.
- Bridge over Unknown stream on Campground road
- Henry County, Indiana
- Railings have been welded onto a culvert, were originally on a small beam bridge that was replaced long ago.
- Railings originally built on a small steel stringer bridge at an unknown location, later salvaged and moved here.
- - New Castle Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana
- Lattice railings with plaque from a small steel stringer span.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.85596, -85.38816 (decimal degrees)
39°51'21" N, 85°23'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/637878/4413013 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 56902 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 1, 2013: Added by Tony Dillon