Before restoration, showing the other "twin".
Before the concrete bridge was built in 1906, an iron railroad bridge sat directly over this bridge. The West abutment from that span remains.
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon
BH Photo #115555
This bridge, along with an abutment of the 'Big Four - Twin Bridges', & the 'CSX - W.F. White Lick Creek' bridge, which are listed here in Bridge Hunter, are all included in one 'Twin Bridges' listing in the NRHP (see Landmark Hunter).
- Through truss bridge over West Fork White Lick Creek on pedestrian trail
- Danville, Hendricks County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1886, restored for pedestrian use in 2008
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Indianapolis
- Wrought iron, Baltimore through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 152.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.2 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 15, 2000
- Also called
- County Bridge #178
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.75444, -86.50452 (decimal degrees)
39°45'16" N, 86°30'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/542445/4400620 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 3200137 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 00000200 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 16292 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 10, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- December 2, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- May 3, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- January 19, 2015: Updated by Jim Allen: added NRHP note in description
- September 22, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- August 28, 2010: New photo from Anthony Dillon
- June 22, 2010: New photo from Jacob P. Bernard
- May 11, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates
- March 8, 2009: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- October 6, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- July 26, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: common name
- June 24, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: builder and changed date
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jacob P. Bernard
- Wayne Grodkiewicz - WGrodkiewi [at] aol [dot] com
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jim Allen
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com