Tunnel Hill Rd. bridge
Photo taken by Nick in March 2011
BH Photo #223146
Interesting little bridge over a nice view of a railroad rock-cut. Unfortunately, I failed to see that the nearby tunnel was filled in, and I went in search of the remains to it. But seeing this made the trip worth it, and me and my g/f got some nice exercise on the old 'right-of-way' that led to the filled in tunnel.
- Harrison County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 210.0 ft.
Total length: 212.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.32407, -86.19345 (decimal degrees)
38°19'27" N, 86°11'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/570500/4242079 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 3100047 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 50887 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 10, 2012: Updated by Matt Lohry: Added NBI info
- January 9, 2012: Added by Nick