CR 575E - Big Blue River Bridge
CR 575E - Blue River Bridge
The Daily Reporter: February 10 1970
BH Photo #444109
This bridge has several elements that point to Winfield Fries, who was the county engineer, as being the designer. It was likely fabricated by the Columbia Bridge Company.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Blue River on County Road 575 East
- Hancock County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1887 and replaced in 1987.
- - Columbia Bridge Co. of Dayton, Ohio (Likely Fabricator)
- Winfield Fries of Greenfield, Indiana (Likely Designer)
- 8-panel, pinned Pratt through truss 5-panel, pinned Pratt pony approach trusses on each end
- Also called
- Morristown Pike Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.70358, -85.69185 (decimal degrees)
39°42'13" N, 85°41'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/612146/4395676 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84575 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 28, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Tweaked Luke's change... This is a "Likely Fabricator" based on 2 other bridges built about the same time.
- February 28, 2019: Updated by Luke: Removed category "Columbia Bridge Co." Added category "Columbia Bridge Co. of Dayton, Ohio"
- February 28, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com