Cicero Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446032
Originally a single-span bridge, pier added at a later date.
Nearby "Red Bridge" Park is no doubt in memory of this lost span.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Cicero Creek on Jackson Street
- Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana
- Removed for the construction of Morse Reservoir and replaced with a causeway.
- Built in 1881 by Josiah Durfee; removed in 1955
- - Josiah Durfee & Co.
- Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 142.0 ft.
Total length: 160.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Also called
- Red Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.13224, -86.02402 (decimal degrees)
40°07'56" N, 86°01'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/583149/4442891 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84889 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon