Old Nellie Covered Bridge
Taken after abandonment
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445123
Perhaps the only railroad bridge that the Kennedy family ever built, and a rare example of a Howe truss by them.
Was originally built for the Bedford & Bloomfield Railroad, that would later become part of the Monon Railroad.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over West Fork White River on Bedford & Bloomfield Railroad
- Greene County, Indiana
- Built in 1884 by A.M. Kennedy & Sons; collapsed in 1937 after being abandoned.
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- Howe through truss
Total length: 600.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.02933, -86.96687 (decimal degrees)
39°01'46" N, 86°58'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/502867/4320031 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84810 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 19, 2020: New photo from Mike Daffron
- March 27, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com