INRD - White River Bridge
White River Indiana Railroad Bridge-Greene County
Photo from Indiana Railroad
BH Photo #286077
Built by the Chicago, Terre Haute & Southeastern, aquirred by Southern Indiana Ry., Aquirred by Chicago, Milwaukee & St . Paul Ry Inc. in November 26, 1910, SOO Lines, 1985, Canadian Pacific in 1990 and Indiana Rail Road in 2006
- Lost Through truss bridge over White River on Indiana Rail Road near Elnora
- Greene County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Future prospects
- Demolished and replaced with steel plate girder bridge on original piers with concrete reinforcement.
- Built 1898 for the Chicago, Terre Haute and Southeastern Railway, replaced in 2015
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Chicago, Terre Haute & Southeastern Railway (CTH&S)
- Indiana Rail Road (INRD)
- Indiana Southern Railroad (ISRR)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Southern Indiana Railroad (SIND)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 148.0 ft.
Total length: 1,300.0 ft.
- Also called
- Elnora Rail Road bridge.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.90920, -87.09568 (decimal degrees)
38°54'33" N, 87°05'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/491704/4306705 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54013 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 27, 2015: Updated by Brent Tindall: Edited "Status description" to reflect previous entry.
- May 18, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.
- June 22, 2014: New photo from Tony Dillon
- June 16, 2014: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Corrected and enlarged on builder and ownership. Added details on planned replacement.
- September 9, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- October 19, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Canadian Pacific Railway", "White River", "Railroad"