Black Creek Bridge
This was a unique design of the Indiana Bridge Company.
- Lost pony truss bridge over Black Creek on CR 300 S
- Greene County, Indiana
- Removed but not replaced
- Built in 1893 by the Indiana Bridge Company; removed 1993
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- Arched Warren cantilever bedstead pony truss
Length of largest span: 39.0 ft.
Total length: 41.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.2 ft.
- Also called
- County Bridge #243
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.98212, -87.16474 (decimal degrees)
38°58'56" N, 87°09'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/485730/4314805 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 2800170 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39206 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/1990)
- Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 2.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and truss type
- May 16, 2009: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Year lost and History
- May 15, 2009: Updated by J.P.
- February 5, 2009: Added by James Baughn