UTC - Gas City Extension
Possible bridge of IUT.
BH Photo #237832
Nothing remains of this bridge. No noticeable pilings, abutments, or peir remains of this small spur for the interurban.
- Bridge over Mississinewa River on Formerly Union Traction of Indiana interurban
- Gas City, Grant County, Indiana
- Built so interurban cars of IUT could make the short jaunt to Gas City from the Marion to Anderson mainline.
- - Indiana Railroad (IR)
- Marion Electric Street Railway
- Union Traction Company of Indiana (UTC)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.48778, -85.62569 (decimal degrees)
40°29'16" N, 85°37'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/616473/4482805 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53217 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 14, 2022: Updated by Luke: Removed category "Indiana Rail Road (1986)"; Replaced with correct interurban category "Indiana Railroad"
- August 21, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added categories "Railroad", "Lost"
- August 21, 2012: Added by James Norwood